Friday 15 February 2013

My Favourites~ Makeup


So just another post about me and my favourites! It's Friday, which means the weekend and a well awaited week off school (I dont know about you but I count down the days till our next holiday)
This post will include some smashing photography and some lovely reviews from moi (haha, no)

Amazing photography, i know

My beautiful makeup bag is from Ted Baker and I absolutely adore it, its a tardis, it can fit loads in but isnt too big for travelling etc.



Up first is No7 Lash Adapt Mascara! When I first started wearing makeup this was my first proper mascara and I loved it, but now after mixing and matching with another mascara im not so sure if my love for this mascara is still alive. If you're having a good eyelash day then this mascara is fabulous, it will keep your lashes curled (with curlers for best results) and define them brilliantly, other days it clumps and flakes after a few hours has completely worn off.

Bare Escentuals Flawless definition mascara: This mascara only arrived when i got home from school so I cant really give a proper review, but i used it on one eye and compared it with my old mascara (No7 Lash Adapt and No7 Exsquisite Curl) and this mascara is a god send. In one coat my eye lashes were curled (without using curlers),defined and there were zero clumps. I've had it on for three and a half hours now and there has been no flaking and my lashes are still curled.

No7 Eyelash curlers: (sorry they are so grubby) I use these every single day and I couldnt live without my eyelashes being curled. These are good curlers, they curl your eylashes into a neat arc rather than just a straight line. I do use my curlers when i have mascara on (naughty, naughty) but they have a cushion, which I like to think excuses me for almost snapping my eyelashes everyday!

Bare Escentuals correct and conceal: This concealer is super soft and does what it says on the tin, all though it doesn't cover redness to best standard. Used with primer this blends really well and doesn't leave any smudgey marks or lines. Sometimes when I don't use primer it can go a bit orange but it's probably just because of my skin.

Bare Escentuals mineral foundation: Blends really well especially with primer, you need so little which means money is well spent because it lasts sooo long! I have used it for a long while and it feels so fresh on your skin, never feels cakey even on the days when you might put too much on!

Bare Escentuals heavenly face brush: Blends foundation brilliantly and doesn't loose loads of powder either, the only annoying thing is, is that the bristles fall out and snap (not badly) but this could be because the brush is getting quite old.




Bare Escentuals bare radiance: It's called all over face colour but personally I wouldn't use this colour all over my skin because I'm not the right skin tone. It's a quite deep berry colour (not midnight purple) with a pretty shimmer and gives a lovely glow to your cheeks!!


Bare Escentuals Flawless application face brush: I use this for blusher and it does a lovely job and is so so soft.

Bare Escentuals maximum coverage concealer brush: Lovely brush and again super soft and applies the concealer brilliantly.

Mac 266 brush small angled brush: I use this with my gel eyeliner and I love both to bits. This brush does sometimes need re shaping because it does go a bit fat to use for eyeliner but it literally just needs a few pinches to be perfect again.

Mac fluidliner: Really soft and lasts for a long while, easy to work with and lasts absolutely ages!


No7 Antique Rose eyeshadow: Really lovely pink colour, I sometimes use this as a blush because it just gives you a lovely glow and shimmer, but it works just as well as a eyeshadow.

No7 Truffle eyeshadow: Beautiful colour and looks super classy, I blend this eyeshadow from the corner towards the middle of my eyelid so it doesn't look too ott because dark colour eyeshadows don't suit me very well , but this one I just love!

No7 Tender eyeshadow: This is a lovely soft colour for the days when you just want a tiny bit of shimmer to dress up an outfit, I think it's simple and really classy.

Mac eyebrow crayon: Really easy to use and has a buildable colour, the only problems are that it sometimes goes on a bit blotchy or waxy ( I can't really describe it) and doesn't last very long, within less than a year I'd used two of these crayons and they aren't particularly cheap.


And finally the Bare Escentuals Prime Time Primer: (I completely forgot to take a picture) I could not live without a primer, I have a combination skin tone so my skin can sometimes be oily or dry. The primer makes my skin really soft and gives me a lovely "blank canvas" to work with. It means my foundation lasts longer which saves money and my makeup stays on longer.



Sorry, I feel like ive told you my life story!
Please send feedback!
Lauren xo


No comments:

Post a Comment